Buffing a Car:
The Complete Beginners Guide
Buffing a car is perhaps the greatest concern for any car lover and enthusiast. It is accepted that the only way to achieve remarkable paint is by buffing your car.
"Most of you reading this will NOT be asking the right questions"
The reality is that your inexperience is keeping you from even asking the right questions. The next problem is you have an industry who will be giving you the the answers that are right for them, not what's right for you.
- Can you really polish a car if you a complete beginner?
- Why choosing the best may be the worst?
- Why you need to act now, not later?
Now that I have laid out the questions that either are or should be at the top of your list, let's find out the answers:
Q: Can a beginner really polish a car without special training.
A: Yes. The random orbital buffers on this page represent the winning balance between safe and effective. Unlike the rotary polisher that is very effect, it can also be unsafe in the wrong hands. The old school random orbital you perhaps you saw collecting dust in your dads garage are good for nothing other than waxing a car. These random orbitals along with the compounds and polishes can actually perform high-level, permanent paint correction.
A: Why is choosing the best possibly be the best?
A: Because your enthusiasm to find the best will be a slippery slope that is very hard to get off, once you're on. I get it....who doesn't want the best. But your search for the best car buffer will lead you to a never ending line of opinions from the next so-called expert after another. What you need to realize is a couple things:
- The more you keep searching, the more you delay fabulously shiny paint.
- If you in fact embrace the art and science of buffing your car, you will forever seduced into the next greatest car buffer. You won't be able to help yourself. So why over-think it now. Both car buffers on this page represent the winning balance of not only safe and effective, but professional without breaking the bank at the beginning.
Q: Why do you need to act now not later.
A: I pretty much answered this in my last answer. I will simply add that likely you are here because you want shinier paint. So the question becomes this: "Are you actually getting closer to that moment when you first touch a car buffer to your car paint for the first time, or are you really finding excuses that prevent you from getting what you really want?"
Buffing a Car:
Your complete solutions kits
I realize that this page is not likely your first attempt at buffing a
car and exactly what it's going to take to finally get you off the
fence of anxiety and fear to where you are literally buffing your car.
With that said, I want to summarize the key factors in deciding the best car buffing kit for a complete beginner.
- The random, orbital buffer is the safest car buffer that you can get that will actually still be able to do paint correction.
- These polishers are safe as safe can get. Period!
- Just accept that you need to start now. (your car paint is not geting any shinier without one)
- Just accept that if you embrace the skill and art of buffing a car, you will forever be searching for the next best car buffer, car polish, polishing pads, etc. , etc (you will catch the bug and you will not be able to help yourself)
- You just need to get off your butt and act now! (you can continue to bounce from one car buffing review after another, but that is only going to make you more fearful and frustrated. (you are drowning in opinions. Reading another hundred and one opinions is not going to get you closer to fabulously shiny paint)
Griot's Paint Correction Kit
Griot's Garage 11620Z Orbital Correcting and Wax Kit
- Everything you need to take your car paint to the next level.
- This kit is unique in that it comes with detailing clay. (most car polishing kits don't)
- Polish like a pro with an incredibly user friendly car buffer.
- My very fist orbital car buffer when I decided to try a random orbital (I started with a high speed rotary car buffer as that was the only real buffer when I started out 30-plus years ago)
TORQ Paint Correction Kit
Torq BUF501 X 10FX Random Orbital Polisher Kit (Polisher + 9 Items)
- This is another perfect sample of an all-in-one car buffing kit. (the exception to this one is that it does not come with detailing clay)
- This particular car buffer is unique in that it has a separate on/off switch right at the speed control dial that you turn off or on, and then set the speed by pushing a button to raise or lower the speed. (some guys love this, some guys prefer to have the traditional set-up. But traditional is only traditional if you have any actual experience with a car buffer. Most of you reading this will have no experience in which to make comparisons.)
- All the pads, compounds, polishes you will need to take your car paint to a higher level of love!
- Incredibly user friendly and delivers the ability to polish like a pro straight out of the box.
Buffing a Car Summary
In conclusion I hope I have given you a new feeling a hope that replaces all the fear and anxiety that many guys develop along the way in their quest for the perfect car buffer.
I hope this voice of reason will get you to act now, not later so you can enjoy all the head turning stares your newly polished car will look after buffing your car!
”Serving Orange County, CA for Over 25 Years”
How to Detail Your Car
Best Wax for Black Cars