Meguiars Polymer Sealant:
When good enough isn't good enough
Meguiars polymer sealant has been around for as long as I can remember and still remains a favorite! Anyone who is looking for for what many consider the ultimate in protection over a traditional natural based car wax, synthetic sealants are the place to go.
The question as to their effectiveness is not really the debate here as these synthetic sealants have already proven themselves. The real question is to whether a better alternative to the Meguairs polymer sealant exists and if so, just what is that product.
Meguiars Polymer Sealant:
Keeping it simple
I accept that most people are change averse. And for that reason, along with the fact that Meguair's car care products are massively well known and popular, I am going to offer up my pick as the top rated Meguairs polymer sealant.
Meguiar's M20 Mirror Glaze Polymer Sealant - 16 oz.
- A quality synthetic sealant from a well known and top rated manufacturer.
- Perfect for those looking to wax their cars less often, rather than more often.
- Will not create the depth of a traditional paste wax.
- Easy on and easy off.
- Will dust more than other similar liquid synthetic sealants.
- Not truly what is consider a 100% synthetic sealant like other offerings. (despite the labeling)
Meguiars Polymer Sealant Alternative
If you are looking for a better alternative than let me offer a couple other choices I consider to be not only better products, but offer a much better user experience.
Chemical Guys WAC_118_16 JetSeal Anti-Corrosion Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)
- A true, 100% synthetic car paint sealant.
- Outlasts traditional carnauba based car waxes.
- Originally formulated for the aerospace industry and now applies to the auto industry.
- Can be applied by hand or machine.
- User friendly experience.
- Far less dusting than the Meguiars polymer sealant.
Darren's Top Pick:
Synthetic Car Paint Sealant
And here we come to my favorite synthetic sealant that is actually under the heading of the latest in synthetic technology known as is SiO2 glass coating.
Traditional ceramic and glass coatings require specialized methods and processes. This spray sealant is as easy as easy gets, but incorporates the latest in synthetic technology to bring about a synthetic sealant that I think is the best alternative to other traditional synthetic sealants. The Meguiars polymer sealant above is; I just think this is better.
CarPro Reload Spray Sealant 500 milliter with Sprayer
- Traditional used as a ceramic coating refresher/topper, but excellent as a stand-alone synthetic sealant.
- Can be used on a wet or dry car.
- Use as a sealant and drying aid on a freshly washed car that is free from other sealants or waxes. (Once you have washed your car, simply spray on wet surface and wipe with a clean micro fiber cloth, use second cloth to buff to perfection.)
- Can also be used on completely dry surface that is cool and shaded. ( I actually use in direct sunlight by spritzing area with water first, and then spraying and wiping )
- Safe for all exterior materials of your car. Can be used directly on black trim without staining. ( I do not spray directly on windows as a window cleaner, but simply use my used cloth and proceed to wipe down the windows at the very end of the process, then follow up with a clean and dry micro fiber cloth to finish windows to perfection. )
”Serving Orange County, CA for Over 25 Years”
Car Wax Reviews
Meguiars Polymer Sealant