Turtle Car Wax:
Going from good, to really good!
Turtle car wax is a massively popular product used to add protection and visual enhancement when waxing your car.
But what If I told you that there are much better car wax products that deliver more of what I consider the winning balance of features and benefits.
The Winning Balance:
Is Turtle Car Wax a Good Balance?
I believe most of us accept the fact that everything has trade-off's associated with it. You simply must trade one feature or benefit in order to gain a different feature or benefit.
Without full understanding it will be hard to find what I call the winning balance. And when it comes to finding the best rated car wax, I think every product should be measured against my checklist of features and benefits:
- Performance (What results does the products produce)
- User experience (Is the product easy to use or not)
- Price point (How much does the product cost relative to other similar products)
- Availability (is the product easy to get)
Turtle Car wax
Turtle Wax T477R ICE Premium Spray Wax with Foam Applicator & Microfiber Towel
- One of my favorite spray waxes! (Works as well as any of my professional spray car waxes)
- As easy as easy can get.
- Can be used in direct sunlight (despite what the labeling says)
- Excellent reviews! (including my own endorsement)
- Easy to get (Use link to order yours through Amazon)
- I am unsure as to why they offer this with an applicator sponge. Simply spray directly onto car paint and wipe in, then flip cloth and wipe off.
Trade-off: This spray wax like many other spray wax offers amazing visual enhancement (for a spray wax) and a super easy application. Spray waxes (or sealants) will not be as durable as a dedicated car waxes in a paste or a liquid version. You get most of the wanted benefits, but you will sacrifice in the durability department.
Going from Good to Really Good!
I love the Turtle car wax above, but I understand it's limitations when it comes to durability. For this reason I reach for one of the dedicated car wax products below and use as follows:
- Apply to your car as the initial base coat.
- Reapply every 4-6 months based on your level of committeemen for your car, and the weather conditions in which it must endure.
- Use the Turtle spray wax above as your wax regenerator as often as you like. (Spray wax my cars every week)
Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - 16 oz.
- Advanced polymer technology creates outstanding water beading effect.
- ThinFilm technology for an excellent user experience.
- Won't stain black trim or leave chalky residue.
- Can be applied in direct sunlight.
- Excellent product reviews!
P21s Carnauba Wax
P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax
- One of my personal favorites.
- Considered true professional grade (notice the pricing)
- One of the paste waxes I use professionally.
- Excellent for any colored car.
- As easy as easy gets!
- Excellent reviews!
- See video review at my YouTube channel below.
Darren's Turtle Car Wax Review
The goal is to offer up reviews that include much more information than you have seen in the past, along with useful tips to help you get more of what you are after.
See the following as my review to do just that:
- Your car (yes, even your new car) needs to be waxed frequently and regularly.
- Apply your choice in a dedicated wax product from above every 4-6 months as your foundational base coat of protection and visual enhancement.
- Use the Turtle spray wax as your wax rejuvenator as often as you like to create that "just waxed" appearance, along with a small, renewed layer of protection. ( I use a spray wax on my own cars every week)
- The Turtle car wax can be used over any of the base coat wax applications you choose.
I hope this has helped and you now feel on new level of excited anticipation to go out and make your car more beautiful than ever!
”Serving Orange County, California for Over Twenty Years”
Car Wax Ratings
Turtle Car wax